—From Gott Bro’s customer Anne Battani—
(makes 5 pie plates or two jelly roll pans)
For the topping:
- 4-6 Gott Bro’s fresh or frozen peaches (or as many as needed)
- Cinnamon sugar
- Crushed vanilla cookies (or dry bread crumbs)
For the dough:
- 4 cups sifted flour
- 1/4 lb. butter
- 2 pkgs dry yeast (dissolved in 1/2 cup warm water)
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 3 whole eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Grated lemon rind
- Cut the butter into 2 1/2 cups of the flour as for pie crust. Mix all other ingredients and pour into flour mixture. Beat well, then add more flour (1 1/2 cups) and knead dough.
- Let rest in a warm place about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Roll out dough to fit buttered pans (5 pie plates or two jelly roll pans).
- Brush melted butter on dough.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and ground vanilla cookies (or dry bread crumbs).
- Cut peaches into slices and arrange in rows on the dough.
- Drizzle rest of melted butter over the peaches and sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Looking for a printable version? Click here.